Monday 26 February 2007

Johnny Walker's cats and the other side of the world

Booh, me again.
I have to use the remaining time with this hostfamily, because.....
I went to my next one yesterday, after a Rotary Meeting. My next hostdad asked me, whether I have some time, and I just thought "to talk", but before I could have said "somewhere over the rainbow", I was sitting in his car on the way to his mansion.
And its..... small O_o the opposite to everything I'm used to, the whole apartment has the size of my livingroom in Germany! I won't have a room for myself, I'll live between a couple of childrens' books in a part of the living room (I call it living room, but it's the same room as the kitchen and diningroom).
But that won't kill me! The more important thing is, that they don't have Internet... not even a computer. It's said in the Rotary Rules, that every Hostfamily must have Internet for the exchange student. kyaaaa....... So from now on, you have to send me all the stuff you do at school, handwritten, on paper, per Airmail, not Email :P
No, you don't have to, i'll survive two month without learning 笑
I'm more worried about staying in contact with my friends (>_<) My current hostmum said that I can come as often as I want, to use their Internet ^_^ It's just, that they live at the end of Tokyo, outside of the Metro Map (the current one, the new one will be in Ueno, central Tokyo), and I don't want to come just to use their Internet, that's so unpolite... I'll search out for an InternetCafé somewhere... It'll work.

K, about the strange topic.
I'm reading Murakami Haruki's "Kafka on the shore" right now, it's such a wonderful book... and he's a genius. If you ever have the Chance to read his novels - don't hesitate!
Kafka on the Shore is one of those books, which u have to read twice, because it contains so many messages and.... wow.... *lala is not available right now, please call her later*
I read it in German about 9 month ago, and now here in Japan in English. It's completely different, when you read it in Japan, suddenly everything is so trusted.
And sometimes TOO trusted.
I was reading a really horrible part today on the train, when I was on my way back from school.
I read a description about a place, lonely, dirty, in Tokyo. I was really deep inside the book, I didn't hear anything from outside. Just when I read the name of the place in the book, the train stopped and someone rushed out, hitting me with his bag. I looked up and - I was at the same place, that I was just reading about. Nogata. I never realized this station before. I was so scared...
I went on reading, an came to the part, where "Johnny Walker" killed a cat in a disgusting way, why did Murakami-sama had to descibe it with so many details.... I shut the book when I got out of the train at my station, and when I walked home, sooo many (alive) cats passed me >_< I never saw so many cats on one day.
It's scary, I'll stop now. Just one more thing: Read this book! ^^
I'll go for dinner with my Hostmum now,
love,
Lala

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello sweety =)

kay, now you've talked so good bout this book, when ur back in gay-village, u r able to borrow me, arent u ?^^
that's it,
love ya, nic-O.ô

Lala said...

u can go straight to my house and ask my mum to pass it to you ^^
and don't say anything against gay, nic :P

Anonymous said...

^^ i just read murakami's "sputnik sweetheart" and it's awsome...
i love his books, they're just amazing... i'm going to read more of his books, but at the moment i have to finish "die elfen" whichi i borrowed from sara. it's great, too^^

~...books open a door to another world...~

luv + miss u.. +kiss+
denni